Pages

Tuesday 17 October 2017

The End of My Basic Cooking Class

On the 30th of September, I did the written and practical exam for my basic cooking class. The entire course was about cooking basics, except the 3 last courses, where we were taught to make  main dishes: Chicken Picatta, Beef Stroganoff, and Chicken Cordon Blu. For the written exam, it's not so hard, but I think I messed up a bit when writing the recipe for the Chicken Picatta. For the practical, we were asked to make Chicken Picatta too. I think I did all the steps correct, except the taste of the chicken was too salty, so I didn't really like it. Although, if I eat it with the other foods on the plate, the saltiness won't be so prominent.

At the end of the exam day, the whole class had a group photo with Pak Udan, our main chef mentor, and together with the whole supporters (the parents) who supported us throughout the whole course.
.
My first trial for chicken picatta at home. This was after we were taught how to make it in the course.


My practical exam result (chicken picatta).

Beef stroganoff (made at home).

My Chicken Cordon Blu (made at home).

A pic of me cooking (not during the exam).

Class photo with Chef Udan. 

Group photo with all the supporters (parents).
Since the last post about my cooking, I haven't posted about the other cookings I've made at home. Here they are:

Carbonara

Bolognais.

No comments: