Pages

Saturday 6 March 2021

A Picture to Describe 2020

I chose this image as the image that represents 2020 the most for me. It is the logo of a video-telephone software programme called Zoom. 2020 was the year that the Covid-19 virus took over the whole world, killing more than 2 million people and infecting much more in a short amount of time. As a vaccine for the virus hasn't been made, lockdowns are imposed nearly everywhere to avoid more people getting infected. Zoom has suddenly become very crucial in everybody’s life. Teachers use them to teach students; businessmen use them for meetings; and housewives use them for cooking lessons. I'm sure that if you ask any random person if they knew this program, I'm 99% sure they'll say yes. 

If historians or archaeologists 100 or 1000 years from now study the visual culture of 2020 and 2021, I think that they'll mark 2020 as the year when everything went online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWvSJqB3Q3Y




No comments: