Pages

Sunday 20 October 2013

Comparing Three Kinds of Famous Five Books

I would like to compare these three Famous Five that I have. From right to left :

This is the original book of Famous Five ( Classic Edition). It's a very good book, I say that it is the best because it was written in very good sentences and words. I don't feel that it is " too old" although it's a classical book. There are few illustration inside the book which I said is the best too. I only want to have a complete collection of this classical one. 

The middle one is carefully revised text for today's readers. This book is good. It doesn't have any illustration inside. But I don't judge books from is there any illustration or how is the illustration. I just don't like to be revised.  I like the original one. 

Now is the worst of all. The left one. Are you sure that this book was written by Enid Blyton? I'm not sure about that. First : the character's name are different except their family names and their dog's name. In the original one, the characters are: Julian, Dick, Anne, Georgina ( called George ) and Timmy the dog. In this book, the characters are: Jo, Dylan, Allie, Max, and Timmy the dog. They were said that they were Kirrin cousins. I think they copy the original book for the dog's name and the kid's family name ( Kirrin). Second : all of their titles start with " On the Case bla bla bla." Third : the story isn't related to the title. Fourth : the story is so short, not match for me.

No comments: