Pages

Monday 14 October 2013

Exploring Papaya Seeds

Today, I and my Mom explored papaya seeds under a magnifying glass and a digital microscope. Because I'm curious at the liquid of the seeds that surrounds the seeds.What is the liquid for? The liquid, which is gelatinous-like, is to protect the seed from dryness. I found the answer from the Internet.
These are the pictures of papaya and the papaya seeds:



These are the pictures taken from my digital microscope:


This is the young white seed from the papaya.






                                                                                     
This is the papaya seed encased in a gelatinous-like  substance.

This is the gelatinous-like case that I took off from the seed.



 This is the seed without the gelatinous-like case.










2 comments:

Metta Yapari said...

Wahhh...biji tanpa kantungnya ternyata seperti berduri duri ya teksturnya :)
Thanks for sharing Donna :)
Ditunggu eksplorasi selanjutnya :)

Maria Donna Miranda said...

You're welcome