Pages

Wednesday 20 April 2016

Plastic Bags in Shops Shouldn't be Just Rp.200, Should be Rp. 200.000

I knew that in many shops now, by the Indonesian government rule, made a new rule that for every plastic bag used we should pay Rp. 200, it is said to "go green" to reduce the amount of plastic garbage. But do you think that it will help reduce at least "a lot of people" in using plastics? My family has been using cloth bags as long as I can remember.

The problem about it is, in my concern, that's too cheap. For example, if you buy a lot of things in a mall, and have to use a total of 10 plastic bags, the amount of additional payment is only Rp. 2000. (This is from a real life event, and I'm disgusted by them.) People won't have any trouble in paying that much. From what I think, if these shops and malls really want to save the earth, they should raise the price and help stop more people using plastic bags. I suggest it rises to Rp. 200.000, because plastics are really hard to dispose and can last for a  very long time. I also often see people burning garbages. Don't they ever think before they do somthing? Don't they know that it's poisonous to burn garbages, especially when many of them are plastics? I think they need this book to enlighten their perspective.

http://lianastory.blogspot.co.id/2009/11/dau.html
I was annoyed when I saw people who bought only a bottle of water, and 2 small packages of biscuits, AND they ask for a plastic bag. Is there any problem with carrying them with your hands? Then I saw another family using a food cover to carry their groceries, and I really admire them a lot. It is said that the plastics are recyclable, but most of them were ended up in the garbage.  My family also started using our own boxes, to reduce the use of plastic and styrofoam. I've got a few suggestions about how you could reduce your plastic use:

- You can just buy a cloth bag and you can use them for a very much longer time than plastic bags, and it is washable.
- If you have plastic bags that you bought before, you can reuse them again and again. Just keep them in your bag and you'll have plenty of them!
- Bring foldable cloth bags in your bags. The ones in small sizes, so that you can fit them into your wallet or bag.
- Plan your shopping time so that you can prepare the amount of boxes and bags.
- Don't buy many things made out of plastic.


Don't always think that whenever you buy plastic, they will always be recycled. How many people do you think will use recycled plastic? What things can be made from plastic? Pot, some tools. How many pots do you think that a person will need in their life? And how many plastics do we think we can "recycle"? Please rethink your actions and save the world! Please share this around!



No comments: