Pages

Friday 2 December 2016

One Day in the Museum

On November 6th, "Museum Nasional" in Monas, Jakarta held a folklore festival, or known as "Festival Dongeng" in Bahasa Indonesia. We start at around 7 a.m, with my Dad sending me and my Mom to the nearest bus stop. Journeying through the crowded streets of Jakarta in the Transjakarta bus, it was pretty tiring, because I stood along the way there and back, and this is my second time riding a public bus.

We reached the Kelir booth (it's a children's books illustrator group, and my Mom is one of the members) at 8 a.m, and started unpacking. The booth was situated in a large room, alongside with the other booths, picture gallery and one of the storytelling areas. My Mom brought several Batik scarves that she illustrated, collaborating with Museum Batik Jogja to be sold alongside the Children's Books made by the Kelir illustrators. There were some Kelir illustrators volunteering there, like my Mom.  

Outside the room, there stood a large stage for storytelling. Among the storytelling, there was a Balinese dance performance:

Balinese Dance
The gallery
Posing with the styrofoam
I met my Ex-English teacher :). We were so surprised when we met each other.
While waiting for my Mom there, I did my work.

Caught playing my phone. :)

No comments: